The Office of Disability Services (ODS) holds the Marquette community to the highest standards of unhindered access, inclusion, and diversity. Using the latest advancements, the office commits to staying up-to-date with the ever-changing needs of our students, and supports their pursuit of self-advocacy, independence, and academic success. In line with the ODS Mission, we aim to engage with campus and broader community partners to raise disability awareness, creating a welcoming and inclusive campus environment.Our Current Objectives
- Engage in proactive communication with faculty to clarify the Office of Disability Services' role on campus to ensure increased positive educational interactions.
- Increase awareness and engagement regarding students with disabilities' needs within the campus community.
- Develop processes to assist students with their academic and personal self-advocacy skills.
- Develop relationships within the broader community to benefit the Office of Disability Services and the students we serve.
- Further develop staff skills, knowledge and resource by promoting professional development to benefit the individual, the office, and the community we serve.